Location: Bridgeton, MO, US, 63044
Job ID: 99207
The Leonardo DRS Land Systems business is a recognized leader in the design and integration of complex technologies into new and legacy systems and platforms for global military and commercial customers.
Potential support programs include U.S. Army Counter Unmanned Aircraft Systems (CUAS). Responsible for supporting the development of Logistics Product Support Analysis (PSA) maintenance planning, sustainment strategies and completing support documentation activity on time and budget. Researches, collects, and reports information on the ability and capacity of company products and supplier commercial off the shelf (COTS) equipment. Provides Logistics insight during the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the stated and anticipated needs of customers. Will support engineering team during design and development and must analyze, document and support testing of products, systems, subsystems and supporting documentation. Must possess technical expertise in analyzing and maintaining complex electronic, mechanical and hydraulic systems. Must possess the ability to initiate and complete a logistics project independently. Formal and ad hoc mentor and coach for other engineers within the logistics group as well as system and design engineers.
Must be able to develop support documentation e.g. Maintenance Task Analysis, and Repair Level Analysis, SM&R codes, that provides overall mission support for the total product lifecycle. Logistics support considerations must include but are not limited to obsolescence analysis, technology insertion, upgrades, repair, and overhaul of legacy systems, subsystems, and components. Efforts required to anticipate and meet these continual customer needs will cover analysis, data collection, LSA file design and technology insertion, prototyping, maintenance, fabrication, repair, and testing.
- Provide expert on-site support during customer planning, guidance and review meetings.
- Work closely with ILS Manager to develop project cost and schedule and execute to plan.
- Assist the ILSM to specify and evaluate supplier services, products, subsystems and components.
- Resolves logistics problems when they occur and advocates solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Communicate clearly and with impact, both in writing and orally, with Engineering, Program Management, supply chain, and manufacturing.
- Maintain intense customer focus, effective customer dialog and clearly evaluate and express customer requirements to the other DRS functional groups.
- Mentor and coach subordinate Log Engineers, provide logistics impact advice to all members of the product team, and help them assess the impact of logistics related decisions.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and development of the organization
- Plans, develops and implements logistics program activities from conceptual stage through life cycle of product including ILS, MTA, LORA, technical documentation, RAM, provisioning, spares, packaging, facilities, training, etc.
- Collect, document and analyze component and subsystem specifications and material requirements to support provisioning process. Must understand the DOD supply system and impact of provisioning decisions and applications.
- Compile data on standardization and interchangeability of parts to expedite logistic activities.
- Participate in development, review and revision of Technical Publications and Training material.
- Review customer specifications and requirements, analyze and evaluate product design, develop logistics plans and concepts to best support reliability and maintainability contract requirements.
- Prepare, review and revise Logistics contract deliverables to U.S. government or contractor customer specifications.
- Provide detailed Logistics expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel during design reviews and throughout the design development process.
- Perform as technical Subject Matter Expert for DRS products during testing of products, systems or subsystems.
Job Responsibilities Part II – Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Fluency in technologies and application domain
- Ability to lead a technical group independently
Kevin McGuire, [email protected]
|Job Category||Acquisition Logistics|