Location: Bridgeton, MO, US, 63044
Job ID: 99659
The Leonardo DRS Land Systems business is a recognized leader in the design and integration of complex technologies into new and legacy systems and platforms for global military and commercial customers.
Responsible for managing individuals who perform Logistics Product Support Analysis (PSA) maintenance planning, develop sustainment strategies and support documentation on time and budget. Provides oversight during the design and development of logistics products to fulfill the stated and anticipated needs of customers.
- Provides leadership to Logistics team consistent with DRS vision and organizational values – forecasts, prioritizes, plans, and executes tasks to achieve company objectives (bookings, revenue, operating income, cash flow) within cost, technical, and performance requirements
- Serves as primary interface to VP for Engineering & Logistics activity related to new business and program execution. Supports company strategic plan development and creates complementary Logistics plan.
- Establishes solid relationships with PM, Finance, Estimating, HR, BD, Supply Chain, Sub-Contracting, Quality.
- Attends Monthly Program Management Reviews
- Attends Monthly New Business Reviews
- Has responsibility for performance, staffing, cost estimating, proposals, execution (cost, schedule, technical), personnel, and customer relationship management for all Logistics efforts.
- Has responsibility for understanding market forces, customer needs, funding, and technical / support issues related to Logistics (Product sustainability / Technical Documentation).
- Has responsibility for driving improvements in Logistics competitiveness – overhead rates, efficiency improvements (developing and following appropriate processes).
- Communicate clearly and with impact, both in writing and orally, with Senior Leadership, Engineering, Program Management, supply chain, and manufacturing.
- Manages Logistics staff responsible for planning, developing and implementing logistics program activities from conceptual stage through life cycle of product including; Integrated Logistics Support (ILS); Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA); Level of Repair Analysis (LORA); TM/TO development; technical documentation; Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM); provisioning; spares; packaging; facilities; and training.
- Resolves logistics problems when they occur and advocates solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and development of the organization
Job Responsibilities Part II – Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Software) or related technical field with a minimum of 10 years of experience in managing Logistics activities.
- Management experience in developing Integrated Logistics Elements and knowledge of customer applications such as PowerLog or SLIC for Logistics products.
- Proven management experience and expertise in preparing Product Support Analysis (PSA) data in accordance with Mil STD 1388-2a and 2b, and GEIA-STD-0007.
- Involved with the analysis of projects/contracts to determine logistics requirements. Analyze, organize, plan and administer various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance/repair activities, or technical documentation development.
- Oral and Written Communications: Recognized authority through his/her communication of logistics products. Corrective actions by supervisor are not expected to occur
- Team Environment: Logistics team lead. Product team lead. Project team member
- Organization and Planning: Provides product line organizational planning and guidance
- Lead Responsibilities: Any size logistics team. Logistics and product team lead
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise a group and perform personnel reviews
- Ability to travel based on program needs- up to 30%
Kevin McGuire, [email protected]
|Job Category||Acquisition Logistics|